Cross-posted from my blog about my college life
Reasons why I am having a good day (in no particular order):
1) It is the glorious fall break and I have decided to stay on campus. The campus seems like a ghost town because so the majority of students have retreated home for break, although that is not really related to why I am having a good day. The lack of people does certainly contribute to the next reason.
2) I have been actually productive for once this fall break. I walked to the Starbucks on the other side of campus and studied and worked on some ideas for my graphic novel/novel (I haven't decided yet what it will be) for 4 hours.
3) I received a free Iced White Chocolate Mocha because they were training an employee and didn't want to waste the drinks that she made. (<---this made me very happy)
4) Caffeine is a drug, no matter what anyone says. I have consumed lots of it today, resulting in a alert and happy state of being.
5) An amazing amount of rain fell upon the land last night, result in the cool, crisp morning that I love so dearly.
6) The library book which I had borrowed as research for my paper has been located. This book had been misplaced and was overdue but now the fine has been paid.
7) I came across a passage of latin in aforementioned library book and am very pleased that I can still read that which I labored for many years to understand.
8) I heard a very interesting story from the library lady.
Once, long ago, the capital of Oklahoma used to be Gunthrie, not Oklahoma City. Then, in the dark of the night in 1910, some people from Oklahoma City stole the big, metal state seal that resided in Gunthrie and brought it to Oklahoma City. Oklahoma law says that wherever the state seal is, there will the state capital be also. So, Oklahoma City became the capital.
Okay, so I found that story interesting.
On another note, I miss working in a coffee shop.